By providing you with this one idea—The Dalai Lama Museum—I hope to get you thinking using the Law of Attraction for creating the “Grand Brand Plan”.
The nomenclature of various trademarks comprising Madison’s Museum Mile™ is:
- Madison’s Museum Mile™
- Downtown’s MuseumMIle™
- Wisconsin: MuseumMile™ State
- Wisconsin Extends the Classroom through Museums™
- Wisconsin’s MuseumMile™ Camp
- MuseKitty™ mascot of the MuseumMile™ Industry
- National MuseumMile™ Commission
- MuseumMile™ Culture Tax
The MuseumMile™ Plan is an innovative roadmap for Madison, Wisconsin and any town that wants to evolve their “Main Street Programs” into a “Wisconsin MuseumMile™”. The plan is—“Heritage Tourism and Cultural Fulfillment—at its best.” The plan contains a fun positive image with a built-in outreach program for schools—“Put the computer down and visits a museum”. (This aspect is called the Wisconsin MuseumMile™ Camp—too long a concept to discuss in this letter to Nick’s Restaurant.)
Using the ‘Law of attraction’, the plan connects point A with point B as an official “MuseumMile™”. Here in Madison, due to the size and viability, a “MuseumMile™ Fulcrum” is created using the names “Museum Square”, “State Street” and “North State Street” (Think current label—East Campus Mall for the North State Street corridor). This fulcrum designation allows for a broader district in Madison’s Museum Mile™ when cultural institutions apply for inclusion in MuseumMile™ Grants.
Here now are museum ideas waiting to be pursued. Please keep in mind—this writer sees using MATC and the Judge Doyle Square project as part and parcel to Madison’s Museum Mile™ and Wisconsin MuseumMile™ State.
Please remember that the International Museum Day slogan for May 18, 2016 is “Museums and the Cultural Landscape”:
MuseumMile™ Development Proposals’
- China America Museum
- Expanding the State Veterans Museum
- Expanding the State Historical Museum
- Wisconsin Police & Fire Museum
- Madison Historical Museum.
- Wisconsin Dairy Museum
- Wisconsin Indian Museum
- Wisconsin High School Sports Museum
- Earth Day Museum
- Madison Golf Museum
- Trek Bicycle Museum of Wisconsin
- A MuseMax 3D Theater
- The Wisconsin Skatepark Museum
- Moving the UW-Geology Museum
- National Gay & Lesbian Museum
- National Co-operative Museum
- The One & Only Madison’s Little Free Library Museum
- National Women’s Sports Hall of Fame Museum
- __________________________Your ideas here.
Plus, the “State Street Heritage Economy” focuses on the MuseumMile™ idea by creating the following:
- Bucky Ducks (Supporting UW-Athletics and visiting the lakes and land sites. Think Wisconsin Dells Ducks.)
- Carousel Park (Peace Park) (Using Harold Langhammer’s old Madison wooden Carousel we promote all of Wisconsin’s heritage sites in one park on State Street.) (Carousel Park has waiting bleachers and sells tickets to the Bucky Ducks as the drops off/pick up point of sale.)
- The MaKa Path (Linking Alumni Park with James Madison Park using The Bucky Ducks.)
Author of the MuseumMile™ Brand series: Dennis de Nure